Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fortune Cookies


So... I decided to make some little fortune cookies to surprise Hubby with for Valentine's Day. However, I didn't really like the patterns I found, && I figured it's a simple enough project that I could just improvise myself.

So I did.

&& I figured this neat little pattern is way too nifty for me to keep all to myself. So here it is :)




Crocheted Fortune Cookies © 2009
By Janice A. Greb

Crochet Fortune Cookies is copyrighted by Unraveled Creativity 2009. You may use this pattern for personal use, but you may not copy it, sell it, or claim it as your own. Nor may you use this pattern to create items for sale.



Gauge really isn't a factor...
So for any type of yarn you decide on, I suggest using the recommended hook size listed.
I used worsted weight yarn && a G hook.

Worked in continuous rounds.

Rnd 1: Ch 2; 6 sc in second ch from hook. (6 sc)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: *1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* around. (18 sc)
Rnd 4: *1 sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st* around. (24 sc)
Rnd 5: *1 sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st* around. (30 sc)
Fasten off, leave tail for sewing (about 3 inches).

Fold completed circle in half. Sew 2/3 together, leaving an inch long opening. Fasten off.
Fold in half; holding flat ends together, stitch through corner end (rnd 1).


&& voila! You're done.
Create little messages to pass along with your newly crocheted fortune cookies.
They're an excellent addition to gift baskets :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete